Shooter kills 2, self at Wyo. college
Authorities say the suspect used an edged weapon in at least one of the killings Friday morning
By Mean Gruver
CHEYENNE, Wyo. — Police say a man killed one person in a Casper, Wyo., neighborhood before going to a nearby community college campus and killing a faculty member and then himself.
Authorities say the suspect used an edged weapon in at least one of the killings Friday morning.
Police found the suspect and one victim at a science building on the Casper College campus, which was locked down as authorities assessed the situation. The other victim was found about 2 miles away.
Casper Police Chief Chris Walsh says the suspect wasn't believed to be a Casper College student, but it appears there was a relationship between him and the victims.
Walsh says there is no further threat to the community.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy