Mass. police describe takedown of Boston bombers
Officer Joseph Reynolds was the first cop to lay eyes on the brothers — and the first to take fire
By Reuven Fenton and Laura Italiano
The New York Post
BOSTON — The Boston Marathon bombers were hell-bound for New York City, carrying enough firearms and bombs to kill scores of innocents — until eight small-town cops stood bravely in their way.
In an exclusive interview, the heroes of the Watertown Police Department sat down with The Post to describe their takedown of Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Mass. police describe takedown of Boston bombers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform