Video: Bystander captures fatal Ore. city shooting
After shots are fired an officer can be heard yelling for an ambulance
By Michael Bamesberger
OREGON CITY — Tim Gleason, 55, was about to head to the store on Sunday when fire and police vehicles, sirens blaring, barreled down his Oregon City street.
Soon, the phone rang. A recording from the Clackamas County Sheriff's Department warned of an armed man. Officers on the ground, now in the dozens, cleared bystanders out of the street, Melanie Gleason said.
Tim Gleason went to a second floor window and began shooting video from his new smartphone. In the next 10 minutes, Gleason’s footage captured the sound of several gunshots and officers loading one of their own into an ambulance.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests