2 arrested in deadly Texas party shootings that injured 20
The Harris County Sheriff's Office announced that 21-year-old Willie Young and 18-year-old Randy Stewart were arrested Monday
By Juan A. Lozano
HOUSTON — Authorities have charged two suspects in a deadly shooting at a house party in suburban Houston that left two teenagers dead and 20 hurt.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office announced that 21-year-old Willie Young and 18-year-old Randy Stewart were arrested Monday morning.
Young is charged with deadly conduct while Stewart is charged with aggravated assault.
Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia says Saturday's shooting in Cypress, an unincorporated area about 25 miles northwest of Houston, began when someone fired a pistol in the air in celebration. In the ensuing confusion, someone else began firing into the crowd, causing people to stream into the narrow street.
Seventeen-year-old Queric Richardson died at the scene and a 16-year-old girl, whose name has not been released, died at a hospital.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house