11 injured in explosion at Calif. jail
The blast happened in the oven at the prison’s kitchen; one person suffered critical injuries
By PoliceOne Staff
DUBLIN, Calif. — Alameda County Fire officials have confirmed that 11 people have been injured in an explosion at the Santa Rita Jail in Dublin and at least one person suffered critical injuries.
The blast happened in the oven at the prison’s kitchen around 11:40 a.m. Tuesday, according to CBS.
Four people have been taken to a nearby hospital and another seven people were treated at the jail infirmary.
Santa Rita is the third largest jail in California.
More information will be available as this story develops.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter