Man critically wounded in Memphis mall shooting, gunman at large
Four men who were originally detained are not believed to be suspects in the shooting
MEMPHIS — Police say the person responsible for a shooting inside a Memphis mall that left one man wounded is still at large.
Police say four teenagers stopped after the incident late Thursday afternoon are not suspects in the shooting but face theft and weapon possession charges. The Memphis Police Department said in a news release that it appears the four were at Oak Court Mall with the victim when the shooting occurred.
Police said the 22-year-old man who was wounded was hospitalized in stable condition Friday.
Police said Thursday night that officers were told there was a verbal confrontation before the shooting.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Active Shooter
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert