State police: No additional wounds found in N.Y. trooper
A state police spokeswoman said a published report of additional wounds being found in a shot trooper is incorrect.
The report in Sunday's editions of The Buffalo News said more wounds were found Friday during exploratory surgery on Donald Baker Jr., who shot August 31 during the search for fugitive Ralph "Bucky" Phillips.
But state police spokeswoman Rebecca Gibbons said the report, based on an interview with her, is wrong. She said Friday's surgery was done on Baker's existing wounds.
She said, "These are not new wounds. There was no extra gunshot in him, nothing like that."
Baker, who was based in Troop G in Loudonville, remains in serious condition at a Pennsylvania hospital.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy