Canadian officer poses as reporter
CBC News Canada
VANCOUVER, B.C. — The editor of a newspaper may file a formal complaint against Vancouver police after an officer passed himself off as a reporter to lure a poverty activist to a downtown mall.
Dean Broughton, editor-in-chief of 24 Hours in Vancouver, said the officer crossed a line. The media should never be used in ploys by police because it could put reporters in danger and undermines trust in the media, he said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Canadian officer poses as reporter
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform