Canadian officer poses as reporter
CBC News Canada
VANCOUVER, B.C. — The editor of a newspaper may file a formal complaint against Vancouver police after an officer passed himself off as a reporter to lure a poverty activist to a downtown mall.
Dean Broughton, editor-in-chief of 24 Hours in Vancouver, said the officer crossed a line. The media should never be used in ploys by police because it could put reporters in danger and undermines trust in the media, he said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Canadian officer poses as reporter
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help