Canadian officer poses as reporter
CBC News Canada
VANCOUVER, B.C. — The editor of a newspaper may file a formal complaint against Vancouver police after an officer passed himself off as a reporter to lure a poverty activist to a downtown mall.
Dean Broughton, editor-in-chief of 24 Hours in Vancouver, said the officer crossed a line. The media should never be used in ploys by police because it could put reporters in danger and undermines trust in the media, he said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Canadian officer poses as reporter
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy