'Political policing' irks D.C. cops
John McArdle, ROLL CALL STAFF
Copyright 2006 Roll Call, Inc.
As an internal investigation conducted by the acting chief of the Capitol Police found that two police management officials improperly handled the department's investigation into a car crash involving Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D-R.I.) last Thursday, national Fraternal Order of Police called the incident a symptom of a broader problem of "political policing" being encouraged by agency brass.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 'Political policing' irks D.C. cops
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy