Panel of civilians suspend Texas cop for arresting reporter
By Daniel Borunda
El Paso Times
TEXAS — An El Paso police officer who arrested KVIA reporter Darren Hunt and cameraman Ric Dupont in a videotaped encounter seen nationwide acted unprofessionally and was given an 11-day unpaid suspension, officials announced Tuesday.
A civilian disciplinary board made of members of the news media and lawyers also decided that allegations of unlawful arrest and excessive force leveled against former Sgt. Raul Ramirez were unfounded.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds