New reality show stars Steven Seagal and La. deputies
By Gary Strauss
On the big screen, he has been Out for Justice, Under Siege and Above the Law. Now, the action star is the law on A&E channel's Steven Seagal Lawman.
Seagal has quietly served as an unpaid reserve deputy in Louisiana's Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office since the mid-'80s, when he befriended the late Sheriff Harry Lee. But Seagal's law enforcement career is no longer under the radar.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help