NY police chief retiring after 44 years
Sharing decades of memories, the chief said he would miss the job, community and staff for life
Darlene M. Donohue
KENMORE, N.Y. — After more than four decades of protecting and serving the Village of Kenmore, Chief Carl LaCorte is ready for a break.
The 66-year-old Williamsville resident has announced his retirement after six years in his current position and 44 with the department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NY police chief retiring after 44 years
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help