Fla. officer retires early after Obama comments
The officer retired earlier this month while facing an internal investigation into his comments to other officers after the election
Asian News International
Washington — A police officer in Florida has quit after admitting he told colleagues that he would volunteer to assassinate President Barack Obama.
Sam Koivisto, of the Jacksonville Police Department, told the Florida Times-Union that his comments had been blown out of proportion and that he had planned to retire in five months anyway.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. officer retires early after Obama comments
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court