Police review tactics amid 29 injured officers in Belfast riot
The trouble was prompted by Belfast City Council's decision to only fly the Union flag from the City Hall on designated days
PSNI Chief Constable Matt Baggott has said that those who are organising riots in Northern Ireland are leading young people by the nose towards prison.
Mr Baggott said police are trying to identify those involved in recent violence connected with loyalist protests over the Union flag controversy.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman