Police review tactics amid 29 injured officers in Belfast riot
The trouble was prompted by Belfast City Council's decision to only fly the Union flag from the City Hall on designated days
PSNI Chief Constable Matt Baggott has said that those who are organising riots in Northern Ireland are leading young people by the nose towards prison.
Mr Baggott said police are trying to identify those involved in recent violence connected with loyalist protests over the Union flag controversy.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court