Police arrest driver in speed lap around Manhattan
The driver posted the video to Youtube, which shows him lap the city in 24 minutes
NEW YORK — New York City police have arrested the driver who they say posted an Internet video of himself speeding around Manhattan in just over 24 minutes.
Police have charged 30-year-old Christopher Adam Tang with reckless driving, reckless endangerment and other charges. Police also seized his 2006 BMW Z4.
The video was posted on Aug. 28. A camera mounted on the dashboard shows the car traveling along the 26.4-mile (42.5-kilometer) loop, while stopping for six red lights.
Electronic dance music provides the soundtrack as a stopwatch superimposed on the screen keeps time: 24 minutes and 7 seconds.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
'Take care of your cops': 2 career lawmen talk the benefits of building a relationship with the media
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police