Video: Parent fights cop at education forum
Robert Small became rowdy, yelling into the crowd and getting into a scuffle with the officer
By Barry Leibowitz
TOWSON, Md. — A Maryland man who didn't follow the rules at a state education forum was arrested for assault after he and a police officer providing security got into a scuffle, CBS Baltimore reports.
According to the station, Maryland's Department of Education had set some ground rules for the Thursday night about a new curriculum called the "Common Core." Participants were asked to submit their questions in writing to get through as many as possible in a short period of time. But Howard County man Robert Small would not be silenced.
At some point, a Baltimore police officer serving as security grappled with Small. Small end up being charged with assaulting a police officer, reports CBS Baltimore, which also says a conviction on the charge carries a $2,500 fine and up to 10 years in prison.
Recommended for you
'Take care of your cops': 2 career lawmen talk the benefits of building a relationship with the media
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert