Dad says Google maps image shows slain son
Google has announced it is working on removing the photo of a slain Richmond teenager
By Alex Savidge
RICHMOND, Calif. — Officials from Google Maps announced Monday that the organization was working to remove an image showing the body of a Richmond teenager after he was shot and killed back in 2009.
The offending image shows police officers standing near 14-year-old Kevin Barrera, who was found, shot to death, along some railroad tracks.
The victim's father Jose Barrera said he learned about the disturbing image last week, and since then he was asking Google to pull it off out of respect for his son.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court