Cop featured on "Boston's Finest" commits suicide
Patrick Rogers, an 8-year veteran of the Boston PD killed himself - shocking his department and docudrama cast-mates
By PoliceOne Staff
DORCHESTER, Mass. — The season two premiere of the reality show “Boston’s Finest”, which details the work and personal lives of the Boston Police Department, was abruptly put on hold when word got out that one of the cast members and a Boston cop had apparently committed suicide.
Patrick Rogers, an 8-year veteran of the department and a native of Dorchester, took his own life, though it is unclear how.
Rogers was featured in several episodes of the first season of the docudrama, which is produced by Dorchester native Donnie Wahlberg, according to the Boston Herald.
“I am so deeply saddened tonight. My thoughts and prayers go out to a fallen brother of The Boston Police Dept.,” Wahlberg tweeted Tuesday night.
The second season, which focuses on the officers who responded to the Boston Marathon bombings, was set to debut Tuesday night at the Revere Hotel in Dorchester, where Mayor Tom Menino and interim police Commissioner William Evans were expected at attend, according to the Metro.
The screening was canceled immediately after producers received news of Rogers’ death.
Recommended for you
'Take care of your cops': 2 career lawmen talk the benefits of building a relationship with the media
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter