Kanye West: Risky performances 'like being a cop'
The rapper says his dangerous antics on stage are comparable to being an officer or solider on the front lines
By Ree Hines
He's a music mogul, a father and one half of "a love story for the ages," but the truth is, it's not easy being Kanye West — according to Kanye West. In fact, it's downright dangerous.
In a recent interview with SaturdayNightOnline.com, the rapper compared the perils of his on-stage maneuvers to those faced by members of law enforcement and soldiers on the front lines.
“Like, I’m just giving of my body on the stage; I’m putting my life at risk, literally!” West said of his performances.
"I think about when I’m on the ‘Can’t Tell Me Nothing,’ and ‘Coldest Winter’ moment, like that mountain goes really, really high. And if I slipped … You never know," he said. "And I think about it, I think about my family and I’m like, 'Wow.' … This is like, being a police officer or something, in war or something."
Recommended for you
'Take care of your cops': 2 career lawmen talk the benefits of building a relationship with the media
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend