Polk County, MN Deputy Put on Leave After E-mail on Shooting Scene Published
James Goss was put on leave yesterday, the day USA Today first published part of the e-mail Goss had sent to members of his family.
The Associated Press and the St. Paul Pioneer Press also obtained the e-mail and wrote stories citing Goss' description of the scene.
In the e-mail, Goss said while he was providing security at the school he was given a tour and a step-by-step account of the shooting by an FBI agent.
Sheriff Mark LeTexier announced the action in an e-mail and said he wouldn't comment on it.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms