Polk County, MN Deputy Put on Leave After E-mail on Shooting Scene Published
James Goss was put on leave yesterday, the day USA Today first published part of the e-mail Goss had sent to members of his family.
The Associated Press and the St. Paul Pioneer Press also obtained the e-mail and wrote stories citing Goss' description of the scene.
In the e-mail, Goss said while he was providing security at the school he was given a tour and a step-by-step account of the shooting by an FBI agent.
Sheriff Mark LeTexier announced the action in an e-mail and said he wouldn't comment on it.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- School Violence
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy