Married Ind. police duo killed in murder suicide
Sgt. Ryan Anders forced his way into the back door estranged wife Officer Kim Carmack's home
By Sasha Goldstein
New York Daily News
INDIANAPOLIS — An Indianapolis Metropolitan police officer broke into his estranged wife’s home Thursday evening and shot her dead before turning the gun on himself, police said.
“It’s a very difficult day in the city of Indianapolis,” Mayor Greg Ballard said at a 9:30 p.m. press conference. “We have lost two of our own. This one hurts deeply. This one hurts very deeply.”
Sgt. Ryan Anders forced his way into the back door of Officer Kim Carmack’s home on Inishmore Way on the city’s west side around 5:40 p.m., police Chief Rick Hite said. Neighbors called police after hearing gunshots, and a responding SWAT team found the two dead inside.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house