Letter to the Editor: Officer was doing his job!
"I do not see why the officer has to go on leave, paid or not. He was doing his job."
ABILENE, NM — Just read the article about the Abilene policeman who shot and killed the burglar who was armed and aiming his gun at the officer. The offcer was protecting himself as well as others.
I do not see why the officer has to go on leave, paid or not. He was doing his job. I realize that there is always an investigation in shootings, however, it seems to me that the perpetrators seem to get the advantage in these types of cases. True this one is deceased, but it was of his own doing. There are cause and effects in life, choices and consequences. This man was building a rap sheet and obviously didn't plan to stop his criminal lifestyle. Some individuals want a free ride, don't want to do an honest days work for pay. Some just never learn.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Letter to the Editor: Officer was doing his job!
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help