Bartender fired for reporting drunk driver to police
Her boss told her reporting drunk people to the police was bad for business
SHELBY, Ohio — An Ohio bartender is now looking for a new job after she was fired for calling the police on a bar patron.
Twyla Devito was bartending at an American Legion Post when she called police after she saw a man leaving drunk. According CNN, Devito said she came into work that day and saw the man, who was a regular at the bar, already hammered.
When he left the bar, she called police. Officers later charged the man with an OVI or Operating a Vehicle Under the Influence, after blowing a .16, which is twice the legal limit.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds