Bartender fired for reporting drunk driver to police
Her boss told her reporting drunk people to the police was bad for business
SHELBY, Ohio — An Ohio bartender is now looking for a new job after she was fired for calling the police on a bar patron.
Twyla Devito was bartending at an American Legion Post when she called police after she saw a man leaving drunk. According CNN, Devito said she came into work that day and saw the man, who was a regular at the bar, already hammered.
When he left the bar, she called police. Officers later charged the man with an OVI or Operating a Vehicle Under the Influence, after blowing a .16, which is twice the legal limit.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help