20 Mass. cops on leave for expired gun permits
All the officers are expected to return to work immediately following the renewal of their permits
By Jack Encarnacao
The Patriot Ledger
QUINCY, Mass. — A termination proceeding against a former Quincy police officer that hinged on whether he could carry a gun prompted a spot check that resulted in 14 officers and six supervisors being placed on leave for expired gun licenses.
Capt. John Dougan said the department checked licenses last week and informed the officers on Friday and Monday that they would be placed on paid leave until they renewed their licenses.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: 20 Mass. cops on leave for expired gun permits
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman