Study finds Latinos unlikely to report crimes to police
Fear of deportation is "really widespread" within the Latino community nationwide
Many Latinos in the United States are now more reluctant to report crimes because police are more likely to check their immigration status, a study found.
Latinos in the country unlawfully are even less likely to contact police if they are victims of crimes, the Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help