Blue H.E.L.P. to host National Police Week events online
A series of special events begin Sunday night on the association's Facebook page
By Nancy Perry
Blue H.E.L.P. is a nonprofit organization that collects law enforcement suicide data and supports families of officers who have died by suicide.
In 2019, the organization provided families that had lost an officer to suicide with an all-expenses-paid trip to National Police Week in Washington, DC. In 2020, the organization had again planned to bring 40 families who lost an officer to suicide plus 16 officers who were emotionally and/or physically injured and their families to #PoliceWeek2020 to participate in the #BlueHELP events honoring their service.
As National Police Week events have been canceled this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Blue H.E.L.P. is presenting a series of special events on the organization's Facebook page, including a roll call of the officers who would have been honored during events at our nation's capital this year.
Here is the current schedule of events:
Sunday, May 10, 8 pm EST
- The meaning of Police Week
- Blue H.E.L.P. volunteer of the year
- Live chat with Blue H.E.L.P. board members
Monday, May 11, 8:30 pm EST
- Roll call of heroes and presentation of gifts
- Live chat with Blue H.E.L.P. family members
Tuesday, May 12, 8:30 pm EST
- Dave Bray USA live performance
Thursday, May 14, 9 pm EST
- Live Q&A with cop comedian Vinnie Montez
Friday, May 15, 8 pm EST
- Blue H.E.L.P. family video
- Watch party performance by John Preston
PoliceOne recently profiled the important work of Blue H.E.L.P. Click here to learn more.