NY driver decapitated after fleeing traffic stop
New York City police say a driver fleeing officers after a traffic stop was decapitated when he slammed into the back of a flatbed truck
NEW YORK — New York City police say a driver fleeing officers after a traffic stop was decapitated when he slammed into the back of a flatbed truck.
Police said Thursday that Leroy Samuel was pronounced dead at the scene of Wednesday's accident on a Brooklyn highway off-ramp.
They say a female passenger with back and neck pain was taken to a hospital.
They say the 22-year-old Brooklyn man sped away in a 2003 Infiniti shortly after he was stopped by police near the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway.
They believe Samuel was trying to get off the expressway at Atlantic Avenue when he crashed into the tractor trailer, which was stopped at a traffic light.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help