Terminally ill Calif. boy fulfills dream of being cop
8-year-old Emilio Penn has always dreamed of becoming a police officer, and on July 3rd, his dream came true. With help from the National Latino Peace Officers Association Alameda County Chapter, Emilio, who has an inoperable brain tumor, was sworn in with the newest graduating class of the Oakland PD as an honorary officer.
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house