Mo. cop donates contest winnings to toy drive
Kevin Sweckard won $500 from a radio contest and used half to give a donation to Toys for Tots
By PoliceOne Staff
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — A Springfield police officer won $500 from a radio contest and decided to use half his earnings to buy toys for children to help make their Christmas special.
Kevin Sweckard called his local radio show at the right time and won a promotion that earned him $500, according to JRN.com. He and his family then took half of it and bought toys for the Marines’ “Toys for Tots” program.
Sweckard bought six Big Wheels tricycles and a teeter totter for the toy drive.
"Hopefully some kids will be tearing up their driveways soon in these rigs," he told the KSPW morning show.
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house