Texas officer hurt in crash succumbs to injuries
Officer Heather Phares passed away Monday morning, four days after she crashed into a big rig
By PoliceOne Staff
MIDLOTHIAN, Texas — A police officer who was critically injured in an off-duty crash last week has died from her injuries.
Officer Heather Phares passed away Monday morning, four days after she rear-ended a big rig while driving back from a special assignment with a local school district, according to MyFoxDFW.
"The Midlothian Police Department has lost one of our finest and there are no words to express our deep sadness," the department said in a release.
Phares joined the Midlothian Police Department at 21-years-old after graduating from North Texas Council of Governments Regional Police Academy. She was 22 when she died.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house