Spire introduces round-the-clock personal activity tracker
Wearable device monitors breathing and movement
By PoliceOne Staff
The new Spire is a motion-sensitive tracker that monitors physical movement, body position and breathing. By measuring breathing patterns and body movement, the tracker also is able to provide feedback on the user’s state of mind.
Consisting of two main parts — a “stone” and clasp — the Spire device is hypoallergenic a wearable clip, constructed from surgical grade stainless steel and measures 14 mm wide, 44 mm long, and 3 mm thick. The device’s stone-shaped core houses a battery, a wireless charging mechanism and a sensor and radio suite. In order to work, the stone must be facing the user’s body.
The Spire can be attached to pants, shorts or undergarments and is connected to a smartphone app to provide immediate feedback, the company said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman