Off-duty NYC cop halts mugging, catches attacker
By John Valenti
An off-duty New York City police officer foiled a robbery attempt in Valley Stream, tracking down the assailant and helping to arrest him moments after he witnessed an attack.
Nassau County police said the officer, Edward Bilardi, was driving along North Central Avenue at 2:11 p.m. Sunday when he saw Samuel Denis, 24, of 310 Miriam Ct., Elmont, attacking a 76-year-old man, whom authorities did not identify.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Off-duty NYC cop halts mugging, catches attacker
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform