Off-duty NYC cop halts mugging, catches attacker
By John Valenti
An off-duty New York City police officer foiled a robbery attempt in Valley Stream, tracking down the assailant and helping to arrest him moments after he witnessed an attack.
Nassau County police said the officer, Edward Bilardi, was driving along North Central Avenue at 2:11 p.m. Sunday when he saw Samuel Denis, 24, of 310 Miriam Ct., Elmont, attacking a 76-year-old man, whom authorities did not identify.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Off-duty NYC cop halts mugging, catches attacker
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court