Bomb left under Calif. officer's squad car at home
By Henry K. Lee
The San Francisco Chronicle
Street Survival Q & A: How can you be tactically prepared at home?
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. — Someone left a bomb under a police car parked outside a Santa Cruz officer's home early Saturday morning, a crime that has shocked and puzzled police and federal agents.
The unidentified officer found the explosive device at about 8 a.m. underneath the black-and-white Santa Cruz patrol car parked in the officer's driveway, said police spokesman Zach Friend.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help