Off-duty Minn. officer wounds suspect who fatally shot man outside bar
The Associated Press
Authorities say the officer saw the suspect shoot another man in a large crowd outside the 4th Street Saloon around two o'clock a.m.
Police say the officer -- who was in full uniform -- confronted the suspect, who pointed his gun at the officer. The officer fired and wounded the suspect. The officer was not hurt.
The wounded suspect was being treated at North Memorial Medical Center in Robbinsdale. The victim who was shot by the suspect was pronounced dead at the hospital. He's the 21st homicide victim in Minneapolis this year.
Police say the scene outside the bar was "very chaotic" and that others may have been injured. Several people later went to the hospital with non-life-threatening gunshot wounds.
No names have been released. The officer was placed on paid administrative leave, which is standard procedure.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds