Off-duty Dallas officer fires at car thief from bedroom balcony
By TANYA EISERER
The Dallas Morning News
Also Read: W.Va. officer's home burglarized, equipment gone
DALLAS, Tex. — A Dallas police sergeant fired a shot early Wednesday that hit an escaping thief’s vehicle after the thief apparently tried to steal the officer’s personal car.
The police sergeant then retrieved his service weapon and walked outside, startling the man. He told the thief to “get on the ground” but did not identify himself as a Dallas police officer, a police report said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic