Off-duty Dallas officer fires at car thief from bedroom balcony
By TANYA EISERER
The Dallas Morning News
Also Read: W.Va. officer's home burglarized, equipment gone
DALLAS, Tex. — A Dallas police sergeant fired a shot early Wednesday that hit an escaping thief’s vehicle after the thief apparently tried to steal the officer’s personal car.
The police sergeant then retrieved his service weapon and walked outside, startling the man. He told the thief to “get on the ground” but did not identify himself as a Dallas police officer, a police report said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house