Off-duty Dallas officer fires at car thief from bedroom balcony
By TANYA EISERER
The Dallas Morning News
Also Read: W.Va. officer's home burglarized, equipment gone
DALLAS, Tex. — A Dallas police sergeant fired a shot early Wednesday that hit an escaping thief’s vehicle after the thief apparently tried to steal the officer’s personal car.
The police sergeant then retrieved his service weapon and walked outside, startling the man. He told the thief to “get on the ground” but did not identify himself as a Dallas police officer, a police report said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms