Off-duty Calif. rookie kills intruder while holding infant son
By Henry K. Lee
The San Francisco Chronicle
How tactically aware are you at home?
Off-duty Dallas officer fires at car thief from bedroom balcony
HAYWARD, Calif. — An off-duty rookie San Leandro police officer cradling his 7-month-old son shot and killed a man Wednesday who stormed into his parents' home, authorities said.
The shooting happened about 4:30 p.m. at a home on the 22000 block of Fuller Avenue in Hayward, police said. The identities of the dead man and the police officer were not released.
About 15 minutes before the shooting, Hayward police had been trying to pull over a car driven by the man, who they said was wanted on outstanding warrants.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help