Off-duty Fla. officer fatally shot during robbery
By Willoughby Mariano, Jim Leusner and Henry Pieron Curtis
The Orlando Sentinel
ORLANDO, Fla. — An Orlando police officer found fatally shot this morning in Pine Hills was the victim of a robbery at a walk-up automated teller machine, police said.
A deputy working off-duty found veteran officer Alfred L. Gordon Sr., 52, inside his personal car shortly before 1 a.m. at the Bank of America branch at Silver Star and North Hiawassee roads.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds