Calif. officer killed while off duty
Sarah Jimenez and Tim Eberly
Copyright 2006 McClatchy Newspapers, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
A 10-year Fresno police officer known affectionately as "Pug" died Saturday in an off-duty collision with a suspected drunken driver in Visalia.
Edward Brett Chan, 48, was riding a 2004 Ducati motorcycle west on Walnut Avenue near Lovers Lane at 7 p.m., according to the Visalia Police Department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. officer killed while off duty
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help