Off-duty S.C. cop helps nab sex-assault suspect
The Chicago Tribune
LAKE COUNTY, S.C. — An off-duty police officer in South Carolina is being credited with helping arrest a man wanted in Lake County for sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl last year, authorities said Thursday.
Jimmy L. Lawrence, 23, of north suburban Antioch was arrested Wednesday in Marlboro County, S.C., after an officer who was trick-or-treating with his daughter recognized Lawrence from a police bulletin, according to the Lake County Sheriff's Department. The officer saw Lawrence following children into a business and called authorities, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Off-duty S.C. cop helps nab sex-assault suspect
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help