Off-duty Chicago officer relieved of duty after fatal crash
By Dan P. Blake
CHICAGO — An off-duty Chicago officer accused of driving drunk and causing a fatal accident has been relieved of his police powers while the crash is investigated, police said today.
Officer John Ardelean, 33, has been accused of driving drunk when his SUV broadsided a sedan on a North Side street early Thursday, killing two Cicero men and injuring a third, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court