Off-duty Okla. officer dies in accident
MADILL, Oka. — An on-duty Chickasaw Nation police officer died Friday when he tried to pass another vehicle in a no-passing zone and collided with a pickup, according to the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.
Special Agent Robert Patrick "Pat” Flickinger of the Lighthorse Police Department died at the scene of the wreck, which occurred about 7:55 p.m. just east of Madill on State Highway 199 in Marshall County.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Off-duty Okla. officer dies in accident
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms