Off-duty Me. deputy drowns
The Portland Press Herald
MONROE, ME – A Waldo County Sheriff’s deputy died today while diving in a pond behind Sheriff Scott Story’s home in Monroe.
Sgt. Mark Schade, 42, was off-duty and was helping the sheriff clean a device to add oxygen to the private pond off Back Brooks Road, according to a statement from the Maine Department of Public Safety.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Off-duty Me. deputy drowns
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house