Off-duty cops 'should call 911' instead
By Larry Celona, Murray Weiss and Clemente Lisi
The New York Post
NEW YORK — In the wake of a cop being punished for failing a sobriety test after firing back at a thug, union officials said off-duty officers should no longer break up crimes -- they should just call 911.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Off-duty cops 'should call 911' instead
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds