Off-duty cops 'should call 911' instead
By Larry Celona, Murray Weiss and Clemente Lisi
The New York Post
NEW YORK — In the wake of a cop being punished for failing a sobriety test after firing back at a thug, union officials said off-duty officers should no longer break up crimes -- they should just call 911.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Off-duty cops 'should call 911' instead
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help