Assault charge against cop who shot Hells Angel dropped
By Jennifer Sullivan
The Seattle Times
MEADE COUNTY, S.D. — Prosecutors in South Dakota have dismissed a second felony charge against a Seattle police detective who shot a member of the Hells Angels motorcycle club last month during a bar fight.
Meade County State Attorney Jesse Sondreal announced today that an aggravated assault charge against Detective Ron Smith has been dropped. Earlier this month, prosecutors dropped a felony perjury charge against Smith.
Smith still faces a misdemeanor charge stemming from the shooting of Joseph McGuire on Aug. 9.
Read the full story
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman