Fundraising drive helps police Survivors' Fund
By Wendy Ruderman
Philadelphia Daily News
PHILADELPHIA — Last November, somber-faced officers saluted as pallbearers carried the bronze coffin of Officer Chuck Cassidy to a hearse paid for with money from the Fraternal Order of Police Survivors' Fund.
Six months later, at the May funeral of Sgt. Stephen Liczbinski, thousands of mourners were shielded from a chilly, wind-driven rain by tents paid for by the same fund.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fundraising drive helps police Survivors' Fund
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman