Off duty bar work banned for La. police
By Richard Burgess
LAFAYETTE, La. — City police officers have stopped taking off-duty work at bars - part of a larger plan to address security issues at hotspots for nightlife.
The ban on off-duty security work went into effect during the weekend, Police Chief Jim Craft said Monday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Off duty bar work banned for La. police
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help