Officer's gun used in shooting death
By Stephanie Farr and Dafney Tales
Philadelphia Daily News
PHILADELPHIA — As first responders and police flooded a Mayfair street Sunday night during the Super Bowl, many nearby residents suspected that a game-day rivalry had gone wrong.
But, in reality, the mayhem on Bleigh Avenue near Crispin Street allegedly started with an off-duty cop placing a gun on a table and tragically ended with another man being charged with the murder of the cop's brother-in-law.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Officer's gun used in shooting death
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help