Musical Pa. officer lifts spirits of those who serve
By Kate Luce Angell
News report: Pittsburgh mourns slain officers
PITTSBURGH — James Markel, of the Monroeville police department, had sung for groups as large as 17,000.
But he said his performance at last Thursday's memorial service for Pittsburgh Officers Paul J. Sciullo II, Stephen Mayhle and Eric G. Kelly at the Petersen Events Center in Oakland was his biggest challenge yet.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help