N.M. pathologist rules cop's death an accident
By T.J. Wilham
ALBUQUERQUE — A forensics expert asked to review autopsy reports on the death of Albuquerque Police Lt. Todd Parkins has issued a report concluding that the veteran officer's death was accidental - not suicide.
Bernalillo County Sheriff Darren White called on lawmakers to review how the state legally determines cause of death and for Ross Zumwalt, the state's chief medical investigator, to change his agency's official ruling in the case.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.M. pathologist rules cop's death an accident
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house