Calif. sheriff's deputies win $75 million lottery, plan on donating to fallen officers
By Henry K. Lee
San Francisco Chronicle
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. — Two cohabiting Marin County sheriff's deputies are sporting ear-to-ear grins because they're California's newest multimillionaires.
Brian Cabaud, 31, and 24-year-old Anneliese Hansen, who goes by Liese, aren't chasing crooks these days. They're taking some time off, contemplating what life will be like now that they are $75 million richer, thanks to the Mega Millions lottery.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms