Calif. sheriff's deputies win $75 million lottery, plan on donating to fallen officers
By Henry K. Lee
San Francisco Chronicle
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. — Two cohabiting Marin County sheriff's deputies are sporting ear-to-ear grins because they're California's newest multimillionaires.
Brian Cabaud, 31, and 24-year-old Anneliese Hansen, who goes by Liese, aren't chasing crooks these days. They're taking some time off, contemplating what life will be like now that they are $75 million richer, thanks to the Mega Millions lottery.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman